Whitehaven Beach via Seaplane
Visit famous Whitehaven Beach in style by seaplane and enjoy 1.5 hour on the beach. Flight time is generally 15 minutes each way to Whitehaven Beach.
Flights depart daily (subject to high tides) and include a spectacular scenic flight over the Whitsunday Passage and a number of islands of the Whitsunday Island National Park group … a sprawling archipelago of jewel-green national park islands that sparkle in an aquamarine ocean … secluded beaches, fringing reefs and towering hoop pines complete the spectacular picture.
Your aircraft will perform aerial work over the amazing swirling sands of Hill Inlet and the expansive stretch of world-famous Whitehaven Beach for that perfect postcard photograph. Land gracefully at an area of the beach with few or no other visitors where you are free to relax, sunbathe, swim and explore this remarkable pure silica beach.
Departs: Varies according to tide.
Occassionally, the tour may have to land on another beach if the wind conditions make it dangerous to land on water. Passenger safety is always our first priority.
Returns: 2 -2.5 hours after departure*
*This service will occassionally collect additional guests from other island ports and therefore the tour can be extended by up to 1 hour.
Great for couples and single travellers
- Scenic flight over Shute Harbour, Molle Group of Islands, Whitsunday Passage, Whitsunday Island, the magnificent swirling sands of Hill Inlet and the pure silica sands of Whitehaven Beach
- 1.5 hour visit to Whitehaven Beach
- Beach umbrellas
- Australian sparkling wine and 100% fruit juice, local spring water and an assortment of Australian brand snacks and treats
- Comprehensive in flight commentary of the area
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Suncreen, sunglasses and hat
- Camera and/or videocamera
- Light jacket for cooler months
RRP – $295 per adult
RRP – $250 per child (2-12 years)
Multiple tour booking discount available – ASK NOW!
Prices valid for travel from 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2019
Book two or more guests for free return transfers from your hotel to the tour.
The Cessna Caravan is a modern turbine powered aircraft, providing air-conditioned comfort and a luxurious interior for up to ten passengers.
The de Havilland Beaver is a classic and rugged workhorse, ideal for our island hopping conditions accommodating up to six passengers.