Panorama Great Barrier Reef Tour
Witness the finest the region has to offer in one half day tour and enjoy the incredible land and seascapes of the World Heritage listed Whitsunday Islands National Park and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park from both the air and on the surface. This tour includes snorkelling and coral viewing from our private semi-submersible at our very own reef location inside the calm waters of Hardy Lagoon. The vessel has an underwater viewing chamber, sun and shade deck areas, along with easy access into the water.
This adventure at the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is followed with a relaxing one hour visit to Whitehaven Beach. Frequently voted as one of the world’s top ten beaches, this striking stretch of silica beach on Whitsunday Island National Park is the perfect location to enjoy a picnic lunch, explore and recline in the crystal clear waters with turtles and rays.
Departs: Varies according to tide
Returns: 4.5 hours after departure*
*This service will occasionally collect additional guests from other island ports, extending the tour by up to 1 hour.
Great for couples and single travellers
Itinerary example: (subject to change due to weather conditions and tides)
Fly out over the Great Barrier Reef and land at the reef to enjoy up to 2 hour snorkelling time and the semi-submersible.
Fly back to Whitehaven Beach to enjoy 1 hour beach time.
Fly back to Airlie Beach
- Scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Whitsunday Islands
- Two hours at Air Whitsundays private semi-submersible vessel, comprising one hour of snorkelling in a private sheltered lagoon and one hour of coral viewing and relaxing
- One hour visit to Whitehaven Beach
- All snorkelling equipment, snorkelling tuition and flotation devices for inexperienced snorkellers
- Wetsuit or stinger suit hire
- Beach umbrellas
- Australian sparkling wine and 100% fruit juice, local spring water and an assortment of Australian brand snacks and treats
- Comprehensive in-flight commentary
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Suncreen, sunglasses and hat
- Camera and/or videocamera
- Light jacket for cooler months
- Prescription mask for snorkelling if required
*Book 2 or more adults on this tour direct with Airlie Beach Online.com.au and receive ‘complimentary’ return transfers to/from your local accommodation to Air Whitsunday office at Whitsunday Airport in Flametree.
Prices are valid for travel from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019
RRP – AUD $650.00 per adult
RRP – AUD$520.00 per child (2-12 years)
Feel free to call or email to enquire about the tour – we can offer accommodation and tour packages. Book two tours for discounts.
Cancellation Policy: 48 hours minimum notice required prior to departure
The Cessna Caravan is a modern turbine powered aircraft, providing air-conditioned comfort and a luxurious interior for up to ten passengers.
The de Havilland Beaver is a classic and rugged workhorse, ideal for our island hopping conditions accommodating up to six passengers.