Ocean Rafting Southern tour
Stinger suits required until May.
Send us an email if you want lunch added to your booking.
- Southern Lights tour departs at 10am and returns at 4.30pm
- One snorkel stop in the Whitsunday Islands for approximately 1 hour
- It is onto the fabulous Hill Inlet lookout to stretch the legs and take that magnificent photo over Whitehaven Beach (up to 1 hour).
- Next is Whitehaven Beach (up to 2 hours) at the southern end of Whitsunday Island and this is our lunch stop and a swim in the tranquil crystal blue waters.
- Great for families, couples, singles, young at heart
- Not recommended in rough conditions if you have a bad back or pregnant
- 28 passengers
- Lunch and stinger suit hire are an extra cost or you can take your own. Once you depart Airlie Beach there is no where to purchase food and drinks.
- Cancellations accepted up until 7pm, on the day prior to the tour.
- The significant difference between the two tours is that the Northern Exposure offers more snorkelling time and the Southern Lights offers more beach time.
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet lookout
- Guided National Park walks
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Courtesy bus pick up
- Tea, coffee and cake
- Buffet lunch $16 per person
- Stinger suit / wet suit hire $8pp
What to Bring
- A beach bag including a towel, hat and sand shoes.
- A sweater or jacket in the winter months to protect you from the wind and keep you warm after snorkelling.
- Cameras ideally in a waterproof case or Tupperware containers.
- Water, soft drinks, fruit juices, beer and chocolates as well as underwater cameras are for sale on board.
- If you have chosen NOT to have our buffet style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own lunch as we do not visit any resorts during the day.
- This will be a fun day in the Whitsundays!
"Best Snorkelling" by Lachlan
An awesome day trip with a bit of everything, the snorkelling is amazing with some exploring of Whitehaven. Lunch by the beach is a great way to relax and break up the day. Big thanks to Cathy from Airlie Beach Online for the recommendation!
These prices below are valid for travel from 1st April, 2021 until 31st March, 2022
Day Tour Only + add cost of lunch @ $16.00 per person or bring your own lunch.
RRP – $169.00 per adult
RRP – $109.00 per child (2-14yrs)
RRP – $506.00 per family (2 adults, 2 children)
We will match any discount price that you show us from other websites.
No credit card fees with all bookings when calling direct.
Ocean Rafting’s fleet of five vessels are 11 metre semi-rigid inflatables, originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 500hp engines. Each vessel takes a maximum of 28 passengers, with small groups allowing you to experience tropical paradise away from the crowds and 70% of the vessel is shaded, providing comfort from the tropical sun. Your Skipper and Eco Host will ensure you have a fun filled adventure and personalised service, from the courtesy bus pick up in the morning to snorkel lessons and a guided National Park walk in the Whitsunday Islands.