Hammer – Sailing Whitsundays
Book with local agent in Airlie Beach and we will include:
- Free onsite car parking
- Free luggage storage
- Free airport transfer from Whitsunday Coast Airport at Proserpine (PPP airline code) – save $22 per person
2 days / 1 night
Departs: Airlie Beach at 9am
Departs: even date. (e.g 2nd, 4th, 6th etc)
Returns: approx 4pm.
No of Guests: 22
Suitable for 18-35 years backpackers – you can still join in if you are a little older and having fun!
Hammer offers the amazing Whitsunday Islands and when you are trying to fit in as much as you can in one day, there is no time wasted as you sail at true racing speeds!
We like to fit in as much as possible within 2 days! This boat is AWESOME and never disappoints. Sail around in style and still have fun! Super comfortable bunks and a homely feeling down below.
- A REAL adventure SAILING experience around the Whitsunday Islands
- Extra delicious meals and fun and experienced crew!
- Get Involved and help hoist the sails! Or just sit back and relax
- Enjoy extra comforts like rain & sun shade, USB charging sockets and mouth watering desserts!
- Mats are provided for star gazing and sleeping on deck if you wish (a proper bed below deck is of course also included)
- Young, fun and sociable sailing adventure!
- After party! Don’t leave town too quick – hang out with your new mates and the crew at our after parties.
- We have a reserved table, meal deals and drink discounts!
Day 1: Meet the crew and your fellow passengers at Coral Sea Marina then set sail towards the spectacular Whitsunday Islands! The Whitsunday Islands are part of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Arrive at Tongue Bay in time for a delicious lunch. To walk off lunch, we head out on a bush walk up to Hill Inlet Lookout where you will be blown away by the views of the famous Whitehaven Beach. Once you have perfected your new Instagram shot, head down to spend time on the beach (about 3 hours). We then head back onto Hammer and sail to our overnight anchorage location. Enjoy sunset snacks then dinner (with dessert). Spend the night hanging out on deck and having some drinks with your new mates. We also provide mats for star gazing and sleeping on deck if you wish. *Please note that our itinerary can change due to weather, conditions, winds, tides etc
Day 2: Enjoy breakfast then set sail to our first snorkel location. We have hand picked the best snorkel spots to ensure you see plenty of the magical underwater world of these fringing reefs. After your first snorkel we head to Langford Island for some beach time, more snorkelling and lunch. We then fit in one more snorkel at another location then set sail back to Airlie Beach. Arrive back approximately 4pm – but the fun is not over yet!
Head to your accommodation, freshen up and then meet the crew and your new friends for our AFTER PARTY! We have a reserved table, meal deals and drink discounts!
*Please note that our itinerary can change due to weather, conditions, winds, tides etc
- 3 experienced and fun crew – 1 skipper and 2 deckhands/hosts
- All meals while on the trip – including morning tea, afternoon snacks & dessert after dinner!
- Snorkelling equipment & stinger suits
- Bed, pillow & bed linen
- Hands on sailing experience
- All Marine Park fees
- USB charging sockets, sun & rain shades & mats to sleep on deck if you want
WHAT TO BRING:
- Small light weight zipless bag (don’t bring your huge travel bag – you can store it with Airlie Beach Online for FREE )
- Enough clothes for 2 days, swimwear, towel, hat, sunscreen, something warm – a light jacket can also come in handy at night or in winter months
- Bring Your Own (BYO) alcohol – think goon bags (in true Aussie style) or cans. No glass or red wine please
- Your unique self and sense of adventure!
Valid to 31st March, 2020
$399.00 per person in a single bed
$399.00 half double bed (share with one other person)
open plan style
Hammer is the ultimate MAXI! This 75ft masterpiece was designed by Kel Steinman and owned and campaigned by Arthur Bloore. Known as an Australian yachting legend, Hammer placed in five consecutive Sydney to Hobart events, including line honours in the 50th Anniversary race.