Hammer – Sailing Whitsundays
Book with local agent in Airlie Beach and we will include:
- Travel before December, 2022 and pay $799pp
- Includes ‘Free airport transfer’ (one way) from Whitsunday Coast Airport at Proserpine (PPP airline code) – save $25 per person
4 days / 3 night sailing the Whitsunday Islands
No of Guests: 19
Suitable for 18-35 years young at heart traveller – you can still join in if you are a little older and having fun!
There is no set itinerary for this tour. Each trip will be planned around the weather conditions, tides and the groups desires. Below is a list of what we could offer and where we could go. Please note that we will always visit Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, bush-walks, multiple snorkelling locations and of course do lots of sailing.
Day 1: Meet the crew and your fellow passengers for a 2pm departure from Coral Sea Marina then set sail towards the spectacular Whitsunday Islands! We arrive at the first snorkel location and ensure you see plenty of the magical underwater world of these fringing reefs. As we sail to our overnight anchorage location, enjoy sunset snacks, drinks then dinner (with dessert). If you like to star gaze and sleeping on deck in the cool evening breeze, we provide mats for your enjoyment. *Please note that our itinerary can change due to weather, conditions, winds, tides etc
Day 2: It is an early breakfast and we are off to Tongue Bay. Time to exercise for a gentle bush walk up to Hill Inlet Lookout where you will be blown away by the views of the famous Whitehaven Beach. Meander down to the beach where you can kick back & swim in the turquoise waters (3 hours) before heading back to the boat for lunch. It is time to sail to our second snorkelling location and then on to a third snorkelling spot. Once you are snorkelled out (if there is such a thing), we head to Langford Island where we hang out on the beach for sunset snacks. Our last anchorage location is not far away, enjoy dinner (with another dessert), a couple of drinks and your second night of fun, chilling, socialising and star gazing. *Please note that our itinerary can change due to weather, conditions, winds, tides etc
Day 3: Enjoy breakfast and the amazing scenery around you before heading to our fourth and final snorkelling/swimming location then setting sail back to Airlie Beach. *Please note that our itinerary can change due to weather, conditions, winds, tides etc
- A REAL adventure SAILING experience around the Whitsunday Islands
- Extra delicious meals and fun and experienced crew!
- Get Involved and help hoist the sails! Or just sit back and relax
- Enjoy extra comforts like rain & sun shade, USB charging sockets and mouth watering desserts!
- Mats are provided for star gazing and sleeping on deck if you wish (a proper bed below deck is of course also included)
- Young, fun and sociable sailing adventure!
- After party! Don’t leave town too quick – hang out with your new mates and the crew at our after parties.
We have a reserved table, meal deals and drink discounts!
- 3 experienced and fun crew – 1 skipper and 2 deckhands/hosts
- All meals while on the trip – including morning tea, afternoon snacks & dessert after dinner!
- Snorkelling equipment & stinger suits
- Bed, pillow & bed linen
- Hands on sailing experience
- All Marine Park fees
- USB charging sockets, sun & rain shades & mats to sleep on deck if you want
WHAT TO BRING:
- Small light weight zipless bag (don’t bring your huge travel bag – you can store it with Airlie Beach Online for FREE )
- Enough clothes for 2 days, swimwear, towel, hat, sunscreen, something warm – a light jacket can also come in handy at night or in winter months
- Bring Your Own (BYO) alcohol – think goon bags (in true Aussie style) or cans. No glass or red wine please
- Your unique self and sense of adventure!
Valid to 31st March, 2023
$899.00 per person in a single bed share cabin
$899.00 half double bed (share with one other person)
open plan style shared cabins
Hammer is the ultimate MAXI! This 75ft masterpiece was designed by Kel Steinman and owned and campaigned by Arthur Bloore. Known as an Australian yachting legend, Hammer placed in five consecutive Sydney to Hobart events, including line honours in the 50th Anniversary race.