Diving in the Whitsundays for certified divers and those wanting to try an introductory dive is available on day boats and overnight sailing boats. Not all boats offer this option and below is a list of those that currently (Oct, 2015) offer diving.
The day boats are;
- Mantaray Charters and they will also take you to Whitehaven Beach as part of their day tour. Tour Cost is $197.00 per adult + $100.00 per person as an introductory dive or $80.00 per person as a certified diver
- Illusions day sailing will take you snorkelling around Blue Pearl Bay & Langford Reef and offer 1 dive per person only. Tour price is $140.00 per adult + $75.00 per person as an introductory dive, $70.00 per person as a certified diver. This tour does not stop at Whitehaven Beach.
- Great Barrier Reef day tour offers diving with Reef Safari out at the pontoon for certified and introductory divers.Tour cost is $230.00 per adult + $119.00 per person as an introductory dive or $99.00 per person as a certified diver.
Overnight sailing boats are;
- Powerplay – 2 days / 2 nights
- Kiana – 3 days / 2 nights
- Summertime – 3 days / 2 nights
- Atlantic Clipper – 2 days / 2 nights
- Anaconda III – 3 days / 3 nights
There are other overnight sailing boats that offer ‘rendezvous diving’ and this is where a dive boat will meet up with the overnight sailing boat at a designated snorkel and dive spot. It is a maximum of 2 x dives per person whether you are certified or just trying diving for the first time. It is best to book in advance to avoid disappointment if this option is not available on your Whitsunday overnight sailing tour as these options can change without notice.
There are two companies in the Whitsundays that offer dive courses and this includes the theory and practical over 4-5 days.
- Whitsunday Dive Academy
- Whitsunday Dive Adventures
For more information on any of the above tours, contact email@example.com au or call direct on (07) 4946 6222 within Australia or +00617 4946 6222 from overseas.