Airlie Beach has quite a good range of caravan parks for those that like camping. If you are a backpacker and you want to stay in your camper van, you can pay a small fee to stay in the caravan parks and use their facilities like other campers. Most campsites also now offer cabins so compare prices as it might be just as economical to stay in an apartment close to Airlie Beach, where you will get more space for the family.
As you turnoff from the Bruce Highway and travel along Shute Harbour Road you will discover the following caravan parks.
- Conway Beach Tourist Park is the first and you turn off to the right at Conway Road.
- Big 4 Adventure caravan park at Cannonvale is next on your left just past McDonalds.
- Seabreeze Caravan Park is next on your right just past Coles, Target Country at the Whitsunday Shopping Centre.
You can now take the bypass road around Airlie Beach at Waterson Way and join back onto Shute Harbour Road where the next caravan park is;
- Island Gateway at Jubilee Pocket, located on your right
- Big 4 Airlie Cove Resort and Van Park is next on your right.
- Flametree Tourist Park
Pets are welcome at the managers discretion at Flametree Tourist Park, Big 4 Airlie Cove Resort and Van Park, Island Gateway, Seabreeze Caravan Park, Conway Beach tourist park.
If you want to travel further north up to Bowen then you will find more camp grounds in that area. Bowen is less than 1 hour from Airlie Beach.
Hope you have found this information valuable and take a look at all the day tours on offer in Airlie Beach. Just use the drop down menu above;
DAY TOURS / WHITEHAVEN BEACH or GREAT BARRIER REEF and start browsing.
Feel free to give your local tour specialist ‘Airlie Beach Online’ a call at (07) 4946 6222 and we are happy to book your tours for you. We offer discounts at www.airliebeachonline.com.au